victims of crime Victoria -therapy services
have you been traumatized by a serious crime?
YOU May be eligible for financial assistance
PTSD and Complex PTSD
- Intrusion symptoms (e.g., involuntary and distressing memories)
- Ongoing avoidance of things that may be associated with the traumatic event (e.g., avoiding leaving the house after being assaulted in public)
- Negative changes to thoughts and emotions (e.g., being unable to experience positive emotions after the murder of a family member)
- Being hyperaroused by certain stimuli (e.g., experiencing angry outbusts at the slightest provocation or no apparent reason)
- Emotional dysregulation (feeling unable to control emotions)
- Relationship issues involving trust, forming bonds with others, and communication.